Our Favorite Reusable Products
We recently celebrated Earth Day 2022 and that got us thinking about ways that we can lessen our impact on the planet. Even small steps can start to make an impact and help create more sustainable habits. Reusable products are a great way to limit the waste we produce around our homes, especially when prepping and storing our food. Below are some of our favorite reusable products that you can try out in your home. Remember, small changes can result in long-term benefits.
- If You Care Sponge Cloths: These cloths are incredibly absorbent and one cloth can replace up to 15 rolls of paper towels (so many trees saved!). They are machine washable up to 300 times and they are certified compostable, so even after you are done using it, you can dispose of it in an environmentally friendly way.
- Blender Bottle: Instead of buying individual protein drinks at the gym, make your own in a reusable blender bottle. These bottles are BPA free and convenient for protein shakes, smoothies or even just plain water. Reusable water bottles and other fluid containers make it easier to maintain proper nutrition and hydration on the go.
- Rainbow Pakka Spoon and Island Bamboo 12" Pakka Wood Spatula: These cooking utensils are extremely durable, as they are made of laminated pakka hardwood. The wood design makes them ideal for using with any type of cookware. They will hold up better than plastic utensils and not scratch your pots and pans like metal utensils can. Getting quality cooking utensils that last a long time means less broken or worn-out tools ending up in the landfill.
- Stasher Reusable Silicone Storage Bag: Plastic bags are one of the things often found building up in landfills and floating in the ocean. We can help cut down on this waste by using reusable storage bags. These bags by Stasher are plastic free and they are so durable that you can put them in the dishwasher and you can even cook in them. They seal easily and tightly to help keep your food fresh and avoid leaks.
- Anchor 2 Cup Glass Food Storage: If you are meal prepping or even cooking for leftovers, quality storage containers are a necessity. These glass food containers are incredibly durable and won’t crack or break as easily as some plastic brands. They are also BPA free and freezer, oven, dishwasher and microwave safe, making them versatile and easy to clean.
Many of us are interested in reducing our impact on the planet. So it is great when we can do it in a way that also makes life healthier and more convenient as well. Some of these items can be a little more of an investment up-front, but they will last longer and in the end save you time and money. In turn, that is more time and money that you can put toward your and your family’s health and wellness. To improve your family’s health and wellness, don’t miss out on a free Discovery Session with a Hy-Vee Dietitian – connect with one closest to you to schedule a virtual appointment.
*The blog articles, recipes and recommendations found on this site are not intended as medical advice and should not replace consulting with your medical provider. Please consult a medical professional for individual advice.