Savor the taste of whole grains with our Dietitians’ Pick of the Month: Lundberg Rice Cakes. Made from freshly milled organic brown rice, these tasty cakes are popped to perfection and make the perfect base for a healthy meal or snack.
The key to a satisfying snack with rice cakes is layers! Start with a delicious spread which will act as the “glue” to help hold all the tasty toppings together. Take a sweet twist with nut butter, mascarpone or ricotta or switch to savory with smashed avocado, cream cheese or hummus. Including protein and fiber like hard-boiled eggs, smoked salmon, chia seeds or flaxseed helps provide a feeling of satiety. Fruits and vegetables like cucumbers, bananas and berries help add a boost of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants essential for overall health. Finally, add a kick of flavor with fresh herbs, spices or even a bit of sweetness with raw honey.
Reasons to Try Lundberg
- Family owned and operated with a mission to cultivate a healthier world from the ground up, bringing Lundberg Family Farms’ harvest to every family’s table.
- Whole-grain and gluten-free snacks that are easy to enjoy at the table or wherever your adventure awaits.
- Thin Stackers and Large Rice Cakes are a low-sodium option perfect for stacking with your favorite toppings or enjoying straight out of the package.
- Chocolate Thin Stackers are a guilt-free treat made from whole-grain brown rice, conveniently packed in individual serving-size options.
- Lundberg Family Farms is committed to conservation through planting cover crops, sustainable water practices, and promoting a habitat for wildlife.
While Lundberg Rice Cakes can be enjoyed on their own, we highly recommend using them as a base for recipes like this one:
Basil Chicken Salad
All you need:
2 tbsp neutral oil (like vegetable oil)
2 chicken breasts, cooked, diced
2 tsp sea salt, divided
2 cups halved red grapes
2 cups diced Honeycrisp apples
2/3 cup diced red onion
1 cup chopped almonds
2 cups Greek yogurt
½ cup mayonnaise
1½ cups thinly sliced basil
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp chopped dill
2 tsp black pepper
Basil, parsley and black pepper for garnish
8 Lundberg Organic Brown Rice Cakes – Lightly Salted
All you do:
- Sauté chicken breasts in neutral oil on medium high, turning occasionally. Season sea salt. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let rest for 10 minutes, dice, and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add grapes, apples, red onion and almonds. Stir to fully incorporate. Add Greek yogurt, mayo, basil, honey, dill, remaining sea salt and black pepper. Fold to fully incorporate.
- Top with basil, parsley and black pepper. Spread on Lundberg Organic Lightly Salted Rice Cakes. Enjoy!
Click here for more information about our virtual dietitian services.
*The blog articles, recipes and recommendations found on this site are not intended as medical advice and should not replace consulting with your medical provider. Please consult a medical professional for individual advice.
About the Registered Dietitian
Jennifer Blaser, RD, LD, received her Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics from Iowa State University in 2010, where she also completed her dietetic internship. She also received her Bachelor of Science degree in Nutritional Science from Iowa State University. She is a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and the Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.