Tomato-Basil Pesto Pasta Recipe
Who says pasta can’t be gluten-free AND delicious? The Gluten Free Chef partnered with WholeLotta Good to make a quick and easy Tomato-Basil Pesto Pasta using Good Graces gluten-free rotini chickpea pasta.
Tomato-Basil Pesto Pasta
This Tomato-Basil Pesto Pasta is gluten-free and delivers on flavor! Simply toss together the pasta, pesto and tomato mixture before serving, then sprinkle with a salty hit of Parmesan cheese.
For the Pasta
- 2 (8-oz) pkgs. Good Graces gluten-free chickpea rotini pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ c. chopped white onion
- 2 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
For the Pesto:
- 4 c. fresh basil leaves
- ¾ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ c. grated parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- ¼ c. English walnuts
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to pkg. directions until al dente; drain. Place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the classic olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes and onion to skillet. Cook 7 to 10 minutes or until soft, stirring frequently.
- Combine basil leaves, extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, walnuts and garlic in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth.
- Add half of the pesto mixture and the tomato and onion mixture to cooked pasta. Toss until combined. Stir in additional pesto, if desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. Refrigerate any remaining pesto in a covered container for up to 2 days.