Ask the Dietitian: What Are the Best Performance Inspired Products to Use in the New Year?
The holidays are over, and it is officially resolution season! Many will embark on the latest juice cleanse, fad diet or maybe even pick up a dietary supplement to kick-start their 2022 wellness journey. When used properly, dietary supplements can help support greater energy levels, improve mental focus, or correct a deficiency. But it’s important to understand which ones will support your goals and whether they truly “fill in the gaps” of your diet. The next time you hit the grocery aisles, keep your eyes peeled for our Performance Inspired product line.
- Performance Inspired Apex Pre: A pre-workout supplement can definitely help get the most out of your workouts. They are designed to be consumed 15-30 minutes prior to training to support workout intensity, mental focus, strength and endurance. When shopping for pre-workout supplements, look for well-studied ingredients like caffeine, beta-alanine and citrulline, such as APEX PRE by Performance Inspired.
- Performance Inspired Micronized Creatine: This supplement comes with decades of research to support its effectiveness and safety. Creatine is a naturally occurring fuel source in our muscles, and supplementation will simply saturate the creatine stores to provide a major strength boost during heavy exercise. The standard dose of 5 grams, or one tablespoon, is recommended daily for individuals looking to build more muscle mass.
- Performance Inspired BCAAs: Branched-chain amino acids are three types of essential amino acids known as leucine, isoleucine and valine. There are building blocks of proteins that help support muscle recovery, fight muscle soreness and lay the foundation for building new muscle mass. As an added bonus, Performance Inspired BCAAs contain added electrolytes to replace what you sweat out.
- Performance Inspired Whey Protein: Packed with 25 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, yet low in sugar – you’ll soon realize this is no ordinary whey. In addition to its nutritional profile, there are digestive enzymes included for rapid absorption that may aid with bloat. Whether you’re looking to up your protein intake or need a convenient choice to chug, turn to one of the many delicious flavors this whey protein brand has to offer. Not into whey protein? Plant-Based Protein Powder is also available in the Performance Inspired line and it is a great option for anyone looking to support their lifestyle.
- Performance Inspired Beauty Support Collagen: As we get older, our bodies become less efficient at producing collagen. Research shows that collagen not only supports anti-aging, but is good for the skin, hair and nails, and aids in muscle recovery. Simply add this unflavored powder in your favorite beverage and sip the benefits this amazing collagen peptide formula has to offer.
This Strawberry Mango Smoothie is a perfect post-workout option to help you recover after a strenuous workout. Plus, it’s easy to make.
All you need:
- 1 scoop Performance Inspired BCAA (Tropical Mango Delight flavor)
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ cup ice
All you do:
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Remember, when it comes to supplements, it’s not “one size fits all.” Meeting with a Hy-Vee registered dietitian is invaluable when tackling your wellness goals and choosing the right supplementation. Find a Hy-Vee dietitian here to help you discuss your specific needs and achieve your goals.
*The blog articles, recipes and recommendations found on this site are not intended as medical advice and should not replace consulting with your medical provider. Please consult a medical professional for individual advice.