What do you look for when purchasing cleaning supplies? I love a clean house and I have become more aware of what I am cleaning with because my family and the earth mean a lot to me. Which is why I love Seventh Generation cleaning products. Seventh Generation prides itself on creating a healthy, sustainable and equitable world for generations to come without using harsh chemicals.
Seventh Generation primarily formulates its products with renewable, plant-based ingredients that provide the efficacy of standard cleaning products. I appreciate the focus on renewable resources for creation and production of its products, the third-party testing it does against other brands in the market and the transparency of all its ingredients. Another great thing worth mentioning is that Seventh Generation is B Corp certified. Only businesses meeting high standards of verified performance, accountability and transparency on factors from employee benefits and charitable giving to supply chain practices and input materials receive this designation.
Why should you consider choosing Seventh Generation cleaning supplies?
- Allergies. If you suffer from respiratory issues like asthma, sometimes the culprit is right inside your home. Standard cleaning supplies may contain chemicals causing a disturbance in your breathing.
- Skin Health. Almost everything you touch may be absorbed through your skin. When working with cleaning supplies this may seem like a no-brainer, but what about after you clean? Residue from cleaning supplies may disturb the skin barrier, causing irritations like rash/dermatitis, urticarial or hives, and eczema.
- Extending the lifespan of your home. Plant-based cleaning supplies have the longevity of your home in mind. The ingredients are less harsh on floors, countertops, furniture, windows and bathrooms.
- Cost-Effective. When glancing at the cost of cleaning supplies, you may see a higher price tag on plant-based products. In the long run, you use less of plant-based products when cleaning and you have fewer chemicals affecting the furnishings of your home. Long term, products like Seventh Generation will end up costing you less.
What Seventh Generation products do I use and recommend?
You will always find these 3 products in my house, which cover almost all my cleaning needs:
- Seventh Generation Lemongrass Citrus Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner – great for bathrooms, kitchens, door handles or anywhere anyone leaves a smeary mess.
- Seventh Generation Toilet Bowl Natural Cleaner – the dirtiest place in my house truly needs the best cleaner.
- Seventh Generation Natural Laundry Detergent Free & Clear – I have been blessed with the most sensitive skin but I also spill things on myself quite often and need a powerful laundry detergent. I cannot rave about this product for both reasons.
Want to work with a Hy-Vee dietitian? Go to the Hy-Vee Dietitian website and from there you will find the dietitian who covers your area and can move forward with setting up an appointment for a FREE Discovery Session. This session allows us to learn more about your health and wellness goals and discover which of our many services will be the best fit for your needs.
*The blog articles, recipes and recommendations found on this site are not intended as medical advice and should not replace consulting with your medical provider. Please consult a medical professional for individual advice